Sunday, September 7, 2008

1. Beginning Blog

I ll begin my blog by telling you a little about myself. My name is Micah McNally and i am a freshman here at MC(as most of you could tell). I am come from a fairly large family of five siblings that are all quite competitive and athletic. I am somewhat tall and i enjoy sports and just being active, i am also an avid reader. I am from Long Beach Mississippi and I am looking forward to this first year of college.
I suppose I came here for almost all the reasons on the mission statement, which is somewhat weird to me. The number one reason i came here is basketball. I didn't get any offers from any division one schools and I didn't want to go to a Junior College, which left Mississippi College and Millsaps (not much of choice at all). Also the location of the school is just far enough away from home. A three hour drive isn't too far, but then again it isn't too close either. The least important reason i came here was the Christian environment which is disappointing to me when i think about it. It is the most important thing out of the three reasons and yet it is the last thing on my list. Now that i am here the Christian environment has come the forefront of the things that make MC different from most colleges.
Even though the reasons that drew me to Mississippi College are not the most noble reasons I am still glad and excited to be here. No matter the reasons I am here now and ready to "do some damage". Next week I plan on doing my post before 2:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon, but i suppose i finished none the less.