Friday, September 12, 2008

2. First Full Week

My first full week of college is now complete and I have to say it was somewhat of an accomplishment. Between writing papers, doing homework, and wasting my life away on facebook, I didn't have much free time to myself. Only four more years of college left(how exciting). As well as our first full week of school starting up, voluntary weight lifting and conditioning started up, led by none other then our own Dr.Miller.

Although these workouts were somewhat strenous it was made easier by the comradare on the basketball team. Although i have only been here three weeks it feels like I am for the most part accepted on the team, which is not common everywhere. I have played for two high schools, many aau teams, and I played a brief stint of basketball overseas these summer and everywhere you go they dont accept you in until you prove yourself to be as good or better then they are. At MC this isnt so.

I am not sure how exactly this was stated in the Mission Statement, but I am sure it has something in there about friendship and comradare. It might even fall under the Christian Enviorment mentioned in the Statement. Either way i am quite pleased with how things are turning out.