Sunday, November 16, 2008

10. Winter Memories and Hope

The cold weather is here and with it many fond memories and also a sense of anticipation for the making of new memories. I am myself more of a summer person but it always seems that the most fond memories and the best remembered are made in this time. I seem to catch myself recalling times from high school sitting around a fire on a cold winter night after a football game drinking root beer, of course, enjoying each others company. I have to say that I have found that i miss this. College brings all sorts of new good times and experiences but as of now i dont have really close friends here like i did at home. I know that in time they will come but i still miss the old times in high school when everything was so easy. Also this time of the year is joyful in that it is the coming of basketball season. My brother and i have been playing basketball for most of our lives and this time of year always seemed to bring us closer together.(even if fights did sometimes ensue on the court) Only being two years apart we had the gift of being able to play on the same teams and his senior year i was is substitute when ever he needed a breather. I never have been as good as him partly since i am only 6 foot 4 and he is 6 foot 8 ( i have beat him in a 1 on 1 game once in my life which he of course claimed a cheated). Back to the point though this time of year makes me miss him more then ever. My brother and i are pretty close and now that i am here at MC and he is at Spring Hill we dont get to see each other much being as we both still play basketball this time of the year is very hectic. Which is why i am so very much looking forward to Thanksgiving break. It will give me a chance to see him and hopefully we can both bag a buck over the break and hopefully mine will be bigger. I guess the point of this blog is to explain why i love this time of year so much and to explain to myself why i have been homesick lately which i usualy never am. All in all i just suppose i am ready for this semester to end so i can go home to all my family and friends and be able to catch up and share our many experiences from our first venture out into the world.