Sunday, November 30, 2008

12. Thank Goodness For Thanksgiving

Just when i thought i had enough of school and couldn't take anymore Thanksgiving break came along to give me a much needed vacation from the stress of 8 am classes and homework. I traveled to Arkansas for my thanksgiving to my grandparent's house where i was able to see all of my family except one cousin who was sick. It was the first time in a while that all 5 of the children in my family managed to make it up there. I also got to see my aunt Mary which was very enjoyable since i haven't seen her in quite awhile and i think she enjoyed seeing us as well. I was also able to hunt which i haven't done recently. I did come up empty handed searching for that elusive buck, but my 16 year old sister killed her first deer. We were all proud although she claims it is her first and last deer. The highlight was of course the food and fellowship of thanksgiving dinner. I certainly realized how blessed i was to have such a great family full of loving people. (and a family full of such great cooks). After thanksgiving i then drove down to long beach and had a great weekend hanging out with friends and just relaxing. Now i suppose its back to the grindstone. Time to prepare for exams and the end of the semester, only two more weeks though. I am hoping they will fly by just like this semester has. In close i hope all had a great Thanksgiving and that they realized how blessed we all are.