Sunday, October 19, 2008

6. Sunday Afternoon=Blog Time

Yet again its Sunday afternoon and an hour until my blog is due so i suppose its time to get started. For the most part i would have to say that this past week was pretty good. It was a 3 day week which is always amazing. Also basketball started this week and thus far practice has been a blast. It is hard however to transition back into the roll of a lowly freshman after running the show last year in high school and being one of the go to guys. Going from starting every game to not being sure weather or not i will make the travel squad and dress out. But i suppose thats just how things go. Its nothing but motivation to work harder and give a little more. The one thing that is nice about being a freshman is that not much is expected of you. Which means anything you do is seen as a plus. I sometimes wonder if i should have gone to a juco instead, but as of now i am here and i might as well just make the best of it and see where i am at next year. On top of the basketball situation the MC campus is just plain boring. Weekends are ridiculously bland and i seem to always want to be somewhere else. Thus far i have spent weekends at MSU USM USA and Spring Hill and one weekend at home while only spending two weekends on campus. I have to say that i loathe staying on campus on the weekends and every chance i get to spend my weekends somewhere else i will.

So this is the sixth blog and i have to admit i am pretty tired of using my Sunday afternoons rushing to write something. I really dont have much to say and tying what i do have to say in with the mission statement is near impossible. I will be quite happy when i dont have to write these anymore. When i can spend my Sunday afternoons watching football games and taking naps.

2 comments:

The German Guy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tallmamma@blogspot.com said...

Found you...will check in again. I remember my freshman year as exciting because I was directing my own self. Your uncle on the other hand, hated his because he didn't and he was so boxed in by coaches rules for his play. I think God brings us what we need at the right time...sometimes that is very good and sometimes is seems crummy until time passes and you see it was good. I saw O & C play yesterday. Both did well. Coach T asked about you. Please remember verse, "humble yourself in the sight of the LORD and He will lift you up." We all have waiting times and there we grow. Love you know who.